Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements on prestigious lists and by winning prominent awards, including: the Inc. 500 list (2015 and 2016), the Entrepreneur 360 list (2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY 2016 award and Business Insider’s “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” list (2015 and 2016). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and Linkedin.
Product Manager, Ad Innovation
Kargo Ad Product Managers touch all aspects of the evolution of a mobile Ad Product from ideation, conception, and development to launch, execution, and performance analysis. In addition to thorough knowledge of Kargo’s existing mobile Ad product suite, the Product Manager will work in close collaboration with product leadership to develop and iterate on a variety of mobile ad products and advertising technology systems and platforms.
This role requires someone who is a self starter, and who will learn to understand Ad Innovation from all angles including: opportunity assessment, technical implementation, user experience, revenue generation and more. The Product Manager will gain broad exposure internally, interacting with every internal department at Kargo, and your contributions will directly impact the success of Kargo’s Ad Products.
- Work efficiently with a team of engineers, designers, and Product leads to cultivate a collaborative work environment.
- Gather competitive intel, data analysis and industry research to help inform decisions for new products and actively work through opportunity assessments
- Actively participate with the technology team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming, brainstorms and other product-related meetings
- Document and track business requirements for new features, as well as measure success once in market and identifying room for improvement
- Develop feature specs and write acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Grow and maintain a detailed product backlog for mobile ad products.
- Collaborate with Product leadership to forge Kargo’s ad technology roadmap in line with corporate priorities and strategies
- Communicate with all stakeholders regularly regarding enhancements, timelines and work with them to solve problems
- Lead internal product trainings to various departments across the organization
- 3+ years professional experience working in technology, advertising, or on digital products
- Experience working directly with product management, engineering, or design/UX teams
- Fast on their feet and can understand the broad picture but also be detail-oriented
- Self-starter who doesn't shy from taking the initiative, and has an enthusiasm for collaboration
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all other departments
- Proficient project management skills and ability to managed multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of software development and documentation tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Github, etc.
- Knowledge of debugging tools a plus.