Kargo is focused religiously on the technology and design that helps the world’s best media companies monetize their mobile audiences. Hearst, Meredith, CBS, Vox and over 200 other Tier-1 publishers have chose Kargo’s ad platform and technologies to power their high impact and native advertising. In turn, Kargo’s premium scale and innovative ad experiences have become must-buys for Fortune 100 advertisers and the top tech brands in the market. Brands love also Kargo’s marketplace because its safe haven to protect against their ads from being shown alongside dangerous Fake News. We help keep the internet free and protect the growth and engagement of meaningful long-form content that the world counts on every day to be informed and make critical decisions, whether it’s a car, the hottest dinner spot in town, a stock pick or something involving geo-politics.
Kargo’s growth to date has been organic, strategic and homegrown. Our SHOPS team is building a self-serve platform to make buying on the mobile web as easy as buying social for marketers of all sizes. We are seeing favorable traction with our product MVP and believe in innovating and taking risks that will change the industry. You’ll be joining a startup within a startup and helping us build this business from the ground up.
In 2015, Kargo was recognized by Crain’s NY Business as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York and by Inc. as one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the US. Business Insider also ranked Kargo one of the “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” in both 2015 and 2016. Kargo employs more than 200 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London.
● Based out of our NYC Headquarters, you will be in a high visibility role that is responsible for maximizing Kargo’s revenue and the utilization of its inventory across all revenue streams.
● Play a key part in measuring and optimizing the overall health of Kargo’s business streams, including analysis of revenue, supply & demand, pricing and inventory consumption.
● Operationalize analytical processes to help provide tools and insights in consumable
manner, working with Product and Engineering teams to build into product suite.
● Work with cross-functional teams to improve overall yield of Kargo’s revenue streams.
Teams include product, ad operations, programmatic, publisher and business
● Identify and analyze the impact of market trends, identify and implement new opportunities to drive profitability, mitigate business risks, and drive quantitative decision making cross-teams.
● Build, maintain and optimize the revenue analytics infrastructure (comprised of sales analytics, inventory analytics & programmatic analytics).
● Develop quantitative models to drive periodic forecasts as well as the annual revenue budget cycle.
● Work closely with Business/Sales Operations to ensure focus on gross margins across company for all regions
● Play an active and collaborative role in the conception, development, rollout and optimization of new ad products
● Possess a willingness to do what it takes to get to the route of any issues, surface it and suggest remedies that work to best of each team’s - and Kargo overall - interests.
● Improve and implement processes with revenue operations, platform, product, technology and sales teams to effectively evaluate and monetize inventory while increasing efficiencies.
Data-driven Decision Maker:
● Committed to data-driven decision-making, working closely with the relevant key stakeholders.
● Provide recommendations for ad product packaging, pricing and sales strategy for
direct and programmatic campaigns based on market analytics.
● Proactively manage rate cards, inventory segments and impression estimates.
● Build out revenue and inventory models to illustrate the impact of new or modified ad product offerings, inventory or business rules while coordinating with sales on go-to-market strategies.
● Implement pricing controls and business rules, with other departments
● Develop and maintain interdepartmental processes for sales processes and approvals
● Develop custom quantitative analyses, models and ad-hoc reports to support decision making
What you bring to Kargo:
● 5+ years of experience in inventory and/or analytics in digital landscape
● Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills and must be comfortable presenting to senior level executives.
● Good knowledge of relational databases and BI tools
● Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
● Excellent organizational, time, and interpersonal management skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vLookups, SumIfs, etc.).
● Ad Exchange or Programmatic advertising experience a plus.
● Proactive and able to prove thought leadership
● Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, statistics, science, or equivalent work experience.
● Also, please tell us a little about yourself (from where does your drive stem, wacky facts about you, crazy hacks you’ve created, favorite tech gadgets and what make you tick always encouraged). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!