Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insider’s “Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups” list (2015 and 2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and the Inc. 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Auckland and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo).
The Ad tech team manages all aspects of the evolution of a mobile Ad Product from creative ideation to development and ad serving. Working closely with Engineers, Project Managers, and QA the Ad Tech Team is responsible for managing all of Kargo’s innovative Ad Products, the Ad Tag that enables them, and all its micro-services that ensure their success in market.
Kargo is looking for a tech enthusiast Product Manager, to help bridge the gap between technical knowledge and business needs. The Ad Tech Team plays a critical role in Kargo’s success, and Product Managers help shape and drive the vision of Kargo’s Ad Technology in market.
Reporting to the VP of Ad Innovation, the Product Manager, Ad Tech will gain broad exposure internally, interacting with every internal department at Kargo including Senior Leadership. The Product Manager would be responsible for acting as the company-wide Subject Matter Expert of their product, communicating value propositions and technical permutations, as well as working with various teams to validate needs, gather feedback, and implement improvements.
- Work efficiently with a team of engineers, designers, and product leads to cultivate a collaborative work environment
- Gather competitive intel, data analysis, and industry research to help inform decisions for new products and create new opportunity assessments
- Actively participate with the technology team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming, brainstorms and other product-related meetings
- Document and track business requirements for new features, as well as measure success once in market and identifying room for improvement
- Collaborate with Product leadership to forge Kargo’s ad technology roadmap in line with corporate priorities and strategies
- Communicate with all stakeholders regularly regarding enhancements, timelines and work with them to solve problems
- Lead internal product trainings to various departments across the organization
- Experience working directly with product management, engineering or design/ UX Teams
- Fast-on-their feet and can understand the broad picture but also be detail oriented
- Proficient project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Self-starter who doesn’t shy from taking initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all other departments
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of software development and documentation tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Github, etc. Knowledge of Debugging tools a plus.
- 2+ years professional experience working in technology, advertising or on digital products, or relevant development experience (CS Degree or other technical equivalent a plus)