As part of its commitment to privacy, Kargo is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. Kargo also adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles.
What information do we collect?
We are in the business of providing you with relevant, compelling content in a way that respects your right to privacy. We do not know your name, address, email, your place of work, your date of birth, your phone number, or other personal information, and we do not knowingly collect this information unless you choose to provide it to us.
Through the Services, we collect non-personal information that does not reveal your specific identity. Collecting certain types of non-personal information allows us to work with our business partners to send you interest-based advertisements and to measure the success of these advertisements. The types of non-personal information we may collect in order to provide our Services include:
- Kargo-developed proprietary identifiers
- Mobile advertising identifiers (such as Apple IDFA and Google AAID)
- IP address
- Non-personal data inferred from an IP address or other technical identifier, such as non-precise geo-location data
Online Behavioral Information
We collect information about your online browsing activity to determine what types of activities and products you may be interested in. This includes:
- Websites and content viewed
- Mobile applications used
- Dates and times of visits to partner websites
- Engagement with advertisements
Client and Partner IDs
Our clients and business partners sometimes create technical identifiers for their own purposes. These partners may associate these identifiers with personal information, but we do not associate these identifiers with personal information.
We may collect and process information about your general location. The information we collect may tell us which zip code you are in, but it does not tell us your precise location.
Kargo may use de-identified information to support our interest-based advertising activities. We do not retain any personal information connected with the de-identified information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use the information we collect to:
- deliver or enable our advertising partners to deliver personalized messages that match your interests, including interest-based advertisements;
- understand the interests of our advertising partners’ users;
- customize user experiences when they use our advertising partners’ services;
- generate and analyze statistics about the performance of advertising campaigns, and to improve performance over time;
- fulfill the purposes described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through our Services for any of these purposes.
How do we share information we collect?
We may share information we collect in connection with the provision of our Services for purposes that include but are not limited to the following:
- to enable our advertising partners to deliver personalized messages that match your interests, including interest-based advertisements;
- with our business partners for the purposes described in this Policy;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- with affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
What choices do you have about information collected for our Services?
We allow you to exercise control over the use of collected information to serve you interest-based advertisements. These tools are browser-specific, so you should repeat this process for each browser that you use.
You may opt out of our use of information collected for interest-based advertising purposes by using one of the “opt out” procedures described below:
Browser Opt-out: If you prefer not to see targeted ads via interest-based advertising from our platform on mobile websites, you may opt-out of such interest-based advertising from Kargo by clicking “Click to Opt-Out” below to place an opt-out cookie on your device, if your device accepts such cookies. Kargo will honor this opt-out cookie for a period of at least ten (10) years, unless you reset your device or clear your cache or cookies as set forth herein. This opt-out requires that you have cookies enabled and will need to be repeated if cookies are cleared on your browser (which can happen if you clear your browsing history or re-install your browser).
You also may opt out of our use of information collected for interest-based advertising purposes on mobile websites and have an opt-out cookie placed on your device if your device accepts such cookies by visiting either one of the following industry-developed sites and selecting Kargo:
- Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page: www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Choice Page: www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
App Opt-Out: You may select a system level advertising preference feature on your device and Kargo will honor this preference to opt out your device from interest-based advertising in apps. On Apple iOS devices, this system level advertising preference may be accessed via Settings – Privacy – Advertising – Limit Ad Tracking. On Android devices, open the Google Settings app from your app drawer or from your operating system’s settings menu, tap Ads, and select “Opt-out of Interest-based ads.”
Kargo does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 in violation of applicable law. If you become aware that Kargo has collected such information from any child under 13 through the Services in violation of applicable law, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Modifications to this policy
If we update this Policy, we will notify you by posting a new Policy on this page. If we make any revisions that materially change the ways in which we use or share the information previously collected from you through our Services, we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of such changes before applying them to that information.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our use of your information, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by mail at Kargo Global, Inc., 826 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10003, Attn: Legal. We welcome your questions and feedback.
This Policy was last updated on September 20, 2018.